-->

Sunday, September 4, 2011

Humble pie, ego and free will

"When ego is lost, limit is lost. You become infinite, kind, beautiful."

This is what was on my tea bag as I was furiously attempting to make this blog 'perfect'. I attempted to make it look more 'professional', more flowing. It ended up taking over, this endeavor to make this blog perfect. Turns out, with a few consults from Kylee, the original was more agreeable than anything I conjured up. I photo edited, configured resolution, sized borders,  seperated layers, photo hunted but something was always off. Go figure. I ate my slice of humble pie.

I did make up this simple but lovely banner for the Etsy store:


I used
Picnik: photo editing awesomeness
It's a wonderful too. Very simple to use with little photo editing experience and it's online! Nothing to download. It helped me a lot. There was a few things I couldn't do using picnik but it served its purpose well. I recommend it.

After working two doubles, Kylee, Sage and I hit Michaels before going out to the country to spend some time with our friend Jason on his farm. We bought a bunch of yarn- good fall colors, grays and greens, vintage-couch yellow. Later in our weekend we made another trip to Joanne Fabrics and got 6-7 more spools. We're set up for the season!

My highlight of the weekend was watching Kylee and Sage ride CJ, one of Jason's horses. Kylee's been wanting to ride a horse for months now. I'm so so pleased that she FINALLY got to ride one. And Sage loved riding as well but we retreated early, it was so hot! Here are a few pictures from our weekend.
(click to enlarge)












I was able to experiment with different sorts of yarn, to pay attention to the texture and bulk. I made a Sage-sized headband that really is something neat. Kylee also finished her first knitting project so KUDOS to KYLEE! I have some steamy ideas floating around in my head for the upcoming week.  The record heat we've had in Oklahoma for the past couple months has currently subdued and we were able to open the windows and get some cleaning done. I hope everyone has a wonderful labor day weekend, enjoy your extra day!

"You cannot teach a person anything; you can only help him find it within himself." -Galileo




No comments:

Post a Comment