-->

Sunday, August 28, 2011

This is only the beginning.

Today, Boots & Barefeet was hatched and left eggshells all over the internet. 
Gmail account.
A Etsy account.
Paypal account.
Facebook account.
Wordpress  Blogger account.

Credit: Stumbleupon: Unknown

I'm not only excited but incredibly overwhelmed. During meditation earlier today it was all I could think about. It didn't help that we, Kylee and I, arrived unknowingly late. There's not really a way to soften your intrusion while you tiptoe to get your comfort gear and get settled. 

Back to my original point: All I could think about what Boots & Barefeet, whom I will  from hereon refer to B&B. When the man told me to vision a peaceful outdoor place all I could see was the pile of ties I had stacked in front of my sewing machine and the hot basement in which they reside. 

So, this isn't my first time at the rodeo, or whatever the expression is. I started a hoop business that was tainted and left to wilt. I was down with the eBay movement when it first started- had a mannequin, business cards and everything. I remember selling quite a few of those goth pants. Remember these?

I also had a couple blogs. I lived through Liveournal. I blogged about weight, girlfriend drama, moving to Oklahoma. I blogged more recently about two juice feasts I attempted to complete.


 It's Jessica (Barefeet) here. I'm on the right. Kylee (Boots, left) will be making our next post. Her real name is Kylee Free La Luna Husheenee and she pretty much makes the earth rotate according to my records. I adore that woman. She's the most optimistic person I know. That girl can make magic happen. We make things happen. Which, in its natural progression is why Boots & Barefeet is at the very beginning of its life cycle. See, I have too many ideas. I want to knit. I want to go to pottery and make everything. I want to sew. I wanna knot up hemp. Henna. Sketch. I want to paint. I want to do everything. Unfortunately, though I'm in good with the woman who rotates the Earth I still cannot make my day any longer than anyone else's. Boots can, though. That woman knows how to stretch an hour.


Kylee and I raise a small brown-eyed monster, you see. She sings Bowie, has a hardcore flower addiction and will rub your head if you are blue. She's also a master manipulator at the precious age of four. Watch out for that one. She'll charm you.

My days are always a give or take. Deciding how I will spend our time gives us great flexability along with responsibilities restraints. I work at night, Boots is finishing school and has a sweet catering gig part time, Sage is in pre-school during the day. It can be hectic, arranging our schedules around each other but we always find that time together we need. If we don't, we get crabby. It's important.

I do consistently have a new song in my ears. This one, for example, is a new favorite. 


Kylee and I will both be contributing to this behind-the-scenes starting a business blog. I'm sure there'll be all sorts of insight into our little cottage life together, the trials of doing what calls to you out and up, the adventures we have. 

Stay tuned.

Lovin' you family.

-Barefeet




No comments:

Post a Comment