-->

Tuesday, August 30, 2011

forever is possibles

Gettin' the hang of it...
A few words that sum up the day: 

sleepless

thrifty 

scrap material

patience 

yoga

breakfast for dinner

For me, the day started as a typical day here at the Holland-Hernandez abode, also known as the H&H cottage, which I just made up on the spot. Sage was sent to school with farewells and kisses, I (kylee aka boots) headed off to one of my many women or gender studies courses, and Jess (aka barefeet) went down to the basement for another morning of crafting and sewing in our newly remodeled basement- which by the way I wish I had a before and after picture of! We are not nearly finished with the transformation of the basement here at 425, but Jess and I have made huge steps. We live in an 8plex apartment type home, with a shared basement which no one had declared theirs or even stored things in, and there was tons of not- in- use space which was covered in dust and cobwebs. We decided this was to be our crafting space, and it couldn't be more perfect! We will get pictures up as soon as it starts to look even more snazzy. 

further events unfolding.

these. 
are our chairs in our living-bed of a room.

we found an even more amazing chair to replace the one on the right (and move it to our downstairs crafting facility). The new chair is brown, gray, dark tweed and beautiful. 
Best Part? 10 dollars.

I was able to purchase a new, unbelievable rocking chair, and upwards of fifteen crafting t-shirts for under 20 dollars! 

Sage is in trouble again at school, and I say that in the best possible way, she is not by any means a bad child. I am beginning to think all of her behavior problems at school only have to do with her running her mouth all of the time, she always has something to say. 
As any four year old should.
And I hope that she really never stops all of the gibber gabber that comes out of her mouth, it really gives you a whole new take on the english language with the new phrasing and word choices that Sage uses. 
Really gets my creative juices flowing. 


so naturally, 
Sage's punishment is...
Yoga all evening.
And I know what you are thinking, Punishment?! Yoga?!
And well, you are right, it wasn't exactly a punishment as much as it was something to get her back centered into 
behaving better and listening, and, well, 
Ill tell you if it works tomorrow..


Sage said probably the cutest thing ever when we sat down to write her teacher to tell her that Sage is going to act better tomorrow and listen. In the letter that Sage was dictating to me, she says at the end, 
"forever is possibles- Sage"
It was just then that phrase became my life slogan. 
The rest of the evening was calm and relaxed. Jessica and I sat in our rocking chairs and kitted socks.... Well, that is what we would like to knit, if we could ever get the hang of it. I finished a few more stitches than I achieved last night. And, I made Jess listen to my all time favorite guilty pleasure of a singer, Bette Midler, as we sat... knitting... And then I felt really hallmark-y. 


I will leave you with a collage of a few things that make me smile, in hopes that they will brighten your day (or night), as well. 









and remember, 
   forever is 
         possibles.



And a little song to send you off...






love Always, 
Boots.

No comments:

Post a Comment